January 27, 2009

Apple Sandwiches

My two daughters found this recipe in the February issue of "The Friend" magazine.  I personally thought it sounded a little gross, but they were determined to try it.  My oldest daughter and I thought they were pretty good, but my youngest thought they were amazing and wants to have them everyday.  These sandwiches are a great way for your kids to get almost every food group in, especially if you serve them with a big glass of cold milk.  feel free to leave out the raisins or sub in another dried fruit.

1 Apple
2 Tbl peanut butter
1 Tbl honey
2 Tbl raisins
6 slices bread

1. peel and grate the apple.
2. In a bowl, stir the peanut butter, honey, raisins and grated apple together.
3. Toast the bread.
4. spread the apple mixture between two pieces of toast and enjoy.  Makes three sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment