January 29, 2009

Garlic Rub



This was very simple and very good. The steaks were good even without steak sauce. Usually I have to have steak sauce but in this case (we had run out) and I was still able to eat it all! I marinated mine for about 4 hours. Stuck it in right before church. I also broiled the steaks because it is winter and didn't really want to go outside to grill them. However by the time I was done, the house was full of smoke, the smoke alarms were going off, and my kids were crying because it was so loud. But don't worry it wasn't the steaks that were burning. Only the juices from bottom of the broiler pan. After that, I was thinking maybe it wouldn't have been that bad to grill them outside in the cold. Very good flavor! I found this recipe on www.sisterscafe.blogspot.com

Garlic Rub

1-2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher or regular salt
1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed with a press

Mix together and spoon over steaks, turn over and spoon over the other side. Let marinate for 30 minutes to an hour or more. Grill, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment