This was a nice change from the regular chicken enchiladas I make. It adds a little spice to the already fantastick taste of chicken enchiladas. I think the only change I would make is use a little less chili powder as it was really spicy for me. I know my husband really liked it and probably didn't mind it being that hot. If you are looking for a spicy change to chicken enchiladas this is it.
CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS www.RecipeGirl.com
One 10¾ oz. can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup 8 oz light sour cream 1 cup Pace picante sauce 2 tsp. chili powder 2 cups chopped cooked chicken 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese Ten 6-inch flour tortillas 1 large tomato, chopped 3 green onions, sliced 1 avocado, mashed and mixed w/ a little sour cream and picante sauce (quick guacamole)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, stir 1 cup of the sauce mixture with the chicken & 1 cup of the cheese.
4. Spread about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side-down in prepared dish. Scoop remaining sauce over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Place sprayed-side-down on enchiladas and cover tightly.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top individual servings with tomato and onion. Add a dollop of guacamole, if desired.