October 23, 2010

Wheat Quick Pancakes


I had to put in this picture of my son watching me take this picture. I think he would have rather been eating the pancakes. My boys love these pancakes. We used to eat Bisquick pancakes and after making these for so long we can't eat Bisquick. This is another recipe that my mom always made. Love, love, love this recipe. It is also handy because you can make the wheat quick and keep it in the fridge. I keep mine in a ziplock bag and use as needed.

Wheat Quick
by: Julie Dansie

4 cups wheat flour
4 cups white flour
1/3 cup baking powder
4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup dry milk (optional)

Mix all ingredients. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.

Pancakes

Mix 2 cups wheat quick, 1 egg, 2 cups water (with dry milk in the mix) or milk. ( I usually make the wheat quick with out dry milk. So when I make pancakes, I use milk.)

Waffles

Mix 2 cups wheat quick, 1 egg, 2 cups water (with dry milk in the mix) or milk, and 2 Tbsp vegetable oil.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like something I need in my fridge! We'd love to see you sometime!

    ReplyDelete