We love food and we love trying new recipes. This blog is dedicated to the thousands of new recipes we would like to try.
May 7, 2009
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
This was a nice change from the regular chicken enchiladas I make. It adds a little spice to the already fantastick taste of chicken enchiladas. I think the only change I would make is use a little less chili powder as it was really spicy for me. I know my husband really liked it and probably didn't mind it being that hot. If you are looking for a spicy change to chicken enchiladas this is it.
CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS www.RecipeGirl.com
One 10¾ oz. can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup 8 oz light sour cream 1 cup Pace picante sauce 2 tsp. chili powder 2 cups chopped cooked chicken 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese Ten 6-inch flour tortillas 1 large tomato, chopped 3 green onions, sliced 1 avocado, mashed and mixed w/ a little sour cream and picante sauce (quick guacamole)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, stir 1 cup of the sauce mixture with the chicken & 1 cup of the cheese.
4. Spread about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side-down in prepared dish. Scoop remaining sauce over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Place sprayed-side-down on enchiladas and cover tightly.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top individual servings with tomato and onion. Add a dollop of guacamole, if desired.