April 20, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl Cake


I made this cake for Easter breakfast. My husband loves cinnamon rolls and would have me make them once a week if I would. I however will not. This recipe gives you a cinnamon taste with much less work. It was very easy to make and tasted wonderful. If you are looking for a healthy recipe this is not it. However do not pass up this recipe. Make it for a holiday then you won't feel so guilty.

Cinnamon Swirl Cake

1 cube butter, softened
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

*Mix together and pour into a 9X13 pan.

Then mix:
1 cube melted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon
*Pour on top of yellow mixture and swirl in using a fork. Don't mix completely. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Drizzle with frosting:
1/2 cube butter, softened
powdered sugar
some milk
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good, but wow that's a lot of butter. You warned us though;) I will have to try it sometime. See you Monday @ 1:30 p.m.

    ReplyDelete