It was New Beginnings this week in YW and this is what we served for dessert. I got the recipe from one of the counselors in the YW pres. I thought it was pretty good, Shawn and everyone else there loved it. The cake is named after the Aunt of the counselor I got the recipe from.
2/3 C butter
1 3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 C flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 C milk
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C powdered sugar
large cool whip
2 cans fruit pie fillings
1. cream butter and sugar
2. add remaining cake ingr. and mix
3. pour onto greased cookie sheet
4. bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min.
5. cool completely
6. for topping: cream both sugars with cream cheese
7. Add cool whip and mix until thick and smooth with beaters.
8. spread evenly on top of cake.
9. top with fruit and refrigerate until ready to serve