January 17, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup



Tried this recipe the other night and it was so easy to put together. I thought it tasted pretty good. I always ask Scott to rate my recipes from 1 to 5 stars. So you will probably see star rating on these recipes. He gave it 3 1/2 - 4 stars only because he said it had to much chicken. He said he would like it again especially if it had less chicken. So we will proably make this again. I got this recipe off of another cooking blog www.cookingwithfriends.bogspot.com

4 Chicken Breast halves
2 15 oz cans black beans (undrained)
2 15 oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 c salsa
4 oz can chopped green chilies
14 1/2 oz can tomato sauce

Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Just before serving remove chicken and shred or slice into bit sized pieces. Stir into soup.
This recipe makes a lot, making 1/2 of the recipe works well too. I didn't have Mexican stewed tomatoes, so I just used regular canned tomatoes and added some taco seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment